Saturday, March 22, 2014



Those little faces we send to lighten the mood of a text, convey ultimate sadness or anger ... those semi colons with the bracket (  ) that signifies a flirty tone to the message or the colon and the p ( :P) that puts across a joking nature to the message. It has become ingrained in our minds that these are the persons reactions, and the absence of them would really disturb us! How strange!

When you get a text/tweet/facebook message that has no smiley face ... You would instinctively ask the person 'what's wrong'..we would automatically assume that the person is upset with an "I'm fine." Message.

The late 1990s generation popularized internet slang like “LOL”, “BRB” and “ROFL” to tackle issues. Even that isn’t enough sometimes so we popularized the use of emoticons.

I for one, loveeee emoticons, I find I m more expressive and the person on the other side knows exactly how I m feeling. I just love those cute, adorable smileys 

No comments:

Post a Comment