Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hair tips

Like I keep saying, please shampoo and condition your hair maximum three times a week .. But for those who work out everyday and gets a sweaty scalp or for those who need to wash it more often due to an oily scalp ... Should try this. 

Baking soda works wonders on hair, It’s gentle, it’s the weakest alkaline, and it very gently clarifies hair from chemical buildup, and sweat. 
The standard amount for hair care is one tablespoon of baking soda to one cup of water. Pour into a squeezy bottle.
In the shower, I soak my hair with water, then I squeeze a bit of the baking soda mixture on my scalp, starting at the crown. I massage it in as I go, squeezing a bit more here and there, concentrating mostly on the scalp. I include my hair as well, but since most of the oils originate from the scalp itself, the hair will naturally get cleaned once the scalp is clarified.
After a few minutes, I rinse it out, just like I would shampoo.

Apple cider vinegar is a mild acidic, working well to counteract the baking soda, and thus acts as a great replacement for conditioner. It detangles the hair folicles, seals the cuticle, and balances the hair’s pH balance.

A little goes a very long way, just like the baking soda. The standard recipe is also one tablespoon apple cider vinegar to one cup water. For this, I use an old conditioner bottle, and fill it with the vinegar and water via funnel, then finish it with a shake.
If your hair is on the oily side naturally, don’t use much of this. pour a little on just the ends of my hair, let it rest for a few seconds, then rinse it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment